Wednesday 24 April 2013

April's Spring Ornament

For this month's ornament for the Ornament SAL I decided to go with another spring theme. I had a Prairie Schooler ornament all kitted up and ready to go. Then I spotted a free chart on Pinterest which led to Martine's blog, Broderie Passion and her lovely freebies. I couldn't resist this one! Sorry about the photo quality. I just couldn't seem to get enough light.


This free chart can be found here. I found several of Martine's charts that I'd like to stitch. I only started this ornament last Thursday, thinking that I had plenty of time to stitch it. It wasn't until Monday that I realized the finished ornament was to be posted on the 24th, not the 30th as I somehow seemed to think it was. Needless to say it was a mad scramble to get it completed in time for this posting. The final finishing isn't complete but I'll get to it in the near future.
Tomorrow's posting will have an update on my WIPocalypse progress so I hope you'll stop by again!


17 comments:

  1. Lovely spring stitching!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty spring finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty finish - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ornament Lynn! Thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what pretty spring ornament. Lovely colors and beautiful stitching Lynn. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty ornament!! Happy I found your blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty design, I look forward to seeing how you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely finish, thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THe last Wednesday of the month did shop up very quickly... Freebies sometimes make the best stitching

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Spring piece! Always love a good freebie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty stitching! You are not the only one to think there's more time to stitch for the SAL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very pretty design. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a nice little design. I had never seen it before but I'll go over to her website and have a look at her freebies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Labels