Tuesday 15 April 2014

April WIPocalypse

Not a lot to report this month. I've nearly completed Three Tulips which has been at a standstill the past week until today. I've been awaiting the arrival of floss to complete the urn and then it's truly done. The floss arrived today so I should be back on track and have it completed by this weekend. In the meantime I started a small Easter freebie by The Nebby Needle. If you haven't already seen these on my previous post you can find them here.

The only other significant stitching I've done has been Love Thy Neighbour. When I ran out of floss on Three Tulips I picked this one up again and gave it some quality time. Here's where it is at this point:


I'm really loving the colours in this piece. I was running short on the Walnut to be used on the larger house so I substituted with Old Covered Bridge. I think it was actually a much better colour for this fabric. 

The rest of my time has been taken up with choir preparation for Holy Week, some spring decorating at the house and income tax preparations. 



As you can see, the spring decor has been a welcome change and the weather was also starting to reflect this until today. Yesterday it was 26C (79 F), humid and I was in shorts as I cleaned the gazebo windows. Today it's 2 C (36 F) and snowing again!!! Good thing it was the inside windows that I cleaned and not the outside ones. We are expecting temps below freezing overnight as well as some possible ice rain or more snow. The poor birds are confused as are the rest of us! Fortunately this is short lived and we should return to more seasonal temps by the weekend.

The second offering in the Colonial Gatherings club arrived in my mail this week and I can't wait to get started at it.


Love the large strawberries! This comes as a complete kit. As much as I want to get started at it now I think I should finish up my current large projects before I start anything else. I have lots of ideas for small finishes this month. It must be spring fever or perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I joined the Primitive Stitching Society on Facebook. If you're a primitive fan, go ahead and check them out and then join in the fun. You won't regret it!

15 comments:

  1. Oh Strawberry House is a real treat! I am praying for you Lynn. Happy, Blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching, Lynn. I love that Strawberry House - it should be lots of fun to stitch.

    That is bizarre weather...poor birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on your WIPs! We are having the same weather issue here in coastal VA and will be back to winter for the rest of the week. Good stitching weather I guess!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Thy Neighbor is so beautiful. I especially love the color thread you used on the large house - Fantastic!
    Crazy weather your having. Glad you didn't clean the outside windows too -lol. Strawberry House kit looks like it will be fun to stitch - beautiful design.
    love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress on the PSS piece.
    Your Spring decorations are pretty, love the bunny!
    Have fun with your new kit.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your spring theme decorations :) That bunny is so cute! Enjoy your new kit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guess the weather is telling you need more stitching time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stitching and super Easter display.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have the prettiest stitchings! What are you singing for Easter? We are doing Durufle's Requiem on Friday and the usual Easter music on Sunday. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progress on Love Thy Neighbour. I particularly love the reds that are udes on it. And you are right, the colour of the little house looks really nice.
    What a shame that you are getting this nasty cold weather again with snow and ice. I always hate it when winter comes back after a couple of nice and warm days. But well, what do you want to do against it? Lol.
    Your future project looks gorgeous, the house and the strawberries and all. Have fun stitching it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your WIP does have some GREAT colours and I find its really nice to focus on one piece you can really see the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the giant cats on Love Thy Neighbour. I really like the way traditional samplers mix up the scales and yet it still looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely stitching Lynn. Isn't this weather roller coaster fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful stitching. Love your Spring displays. It certainly feels more like a Spring day this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, beautiful stitching, Lynn! love this "strawberry house" design♥

    ReplyDelete

Labels